We've outlined below some types of commercial property that can be held within a Dentons SIPP or SSAS:
  • agricultural land or forestry
  • commercial property with a residential element (e.g. a retail shop with a flat above) may only be accepted if it can be demonstrated that the residential element is an integral part of the property
  • hotels
  • industrial/business units and warehouses
  • land for commercial development
  • offices and shops
  • marine berths
  • nursing homes
  • public houses.

Acceptance of any commercial property is subject to satisfactory due diligence. 

In all cases our Commercial Property Questionnaire must be completed and returned to us for our review and prior acceptance. If it is land only, we will also require a map/plan of the land showing boundaries, access points and a business plan to show it is commercial and will provide a return to the pension scheme.

However,there are a number of properties that cannot be accepted:
  • beach huts
  • commercial freeholds, where there is also a reversionary interest in residential leasehold within the property
  • holiday lets
  • residential property: this is not permitted under any circumstances
  • student flats, unless they are part of a hall of residence directly connected to an educational establishment
  • time shares.
If you have any further queries on whether a property is suitable to be purchased by a Dentons self invested pension please Contact us.

Ready to find out more?
Speak to an expert today.

Whatever your retirement needs, one of our experts will be happy to discuss how we can help you achieve your goals.